init-system-helpers (1.47+parrot0) testing; urgency=medium
* Import new Debian release
init-system-helpers (1.47) unstable; urgency=medium
[ Christian Hofstaedtler ]
* Align policy-rc.d existing/nonexisting case for custom actions.
Previously, when calling invoke-rc.d with a "custom" action, it
would print an error when a policy-rc.d file was installed, but
it would be silent if no such file was installed. (Closes: #728682)
[ Andreas Henriksson ]
* Do policy-rc.d automatically in init-less chroots.
See #838966 and #838997 for background.
A debootstrap with --variant=minbase will have lsb-base installed,
so the person running into this issue must have:
- not added a policy-rc.d in his init-less chroot
- removed lsb-base manually (and what else?)
This patch auto-detects the situation with init-less chroot that's
missing a policy-rc.d and deals with it automatically (plus gives
a warning message). (Closes: #843761)
[ Ondřej Nový ]
* Add try-restart action.
[ Felipe Sateler ]
* Make init depend on a new enough init-system-helpers.
In jessie, update-rc.d/invoke-rc.d/service are shipped by sysv-rc.
They got moved to init-system-helpers after that, so make sure we
have the new versions to ensure the scripts are available.
This dependency can probably be dropped after stretch is released.
* update-rc.d: allow trailing whitespace in LSB header delimiters.
It is a hard to diagnose condition because trailing spaces are
invisible in most editors. Moreover, all the other parsers (systemd,
insserv) allow such trailing space. (Closes: #851730)
init-system-helpers (1.46) unstable; urgency=medium
* Drop dh-systemd transitional package.
It is now provided by debhelper (Closes: #841914)
* Add a meaningful short description to init metapackage
* Document copyright of things lifted from pkg:sysvinit (Closes: #839545)
* Use https url for copyright format